Clean up your Hard Drive
So you may have your new 1 terabyte hard drive but are you using it efficiently?
- Uninstall software that you rarely use.
- Empty your Web browser cache. It can slowly build up and take up a lot of space.
Upgraded Hardware = Increased Performance
Simple hardware upgrades may make your system run like new again, sometimes even better.
- A common hardware upgrade is to add RAM. Just remember to check what’s the maximum amount of RAM you can install on your system.
- Using a Solid State Drive (SSD) will significantly improve system performance. SSD may offer up to 66% faster system responsiveness than traditional hard disk drives. You may even experience much faster boot time, application launches, file loads and more.
- Another option is a hybrid drive. It uses a small amount of solid-state storage which may give you that extra performance boost and it costs less.
Check your Windows System Security
Making sure that your system is secure not only protects you but it helps with performance as well.
- Make sure your Windows Update is on and scheduled for automatic updates. Updates have security patches that keep your Windows PC secure.
- Your firewall and anti-virus program should be highly rated. If there’s one thing you should splurge on, it should be your security system.
- Have a system backup plan. It makes sure that all your information is always secured in more than one place.
Beyond these tips, ensuring the right processor that matches your needs reduces the maintenance required. The 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processors is great for everyday uses but if you're looking to do more, the 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors might be the one you're looking for.
To find the best IT solutions for your business, contact our resellers to help you find the products and guidance you need.